Interested in joining our team?
We welcome the opportunity to hear your story, and learn more about your career journey.
A competent Account Manager should be flexible enough to handle a variety of duties that pertains to your firm and clients. Their main responsibility is to make sure a company’s customers are happy, and some of their specific daily duties include:
- Communicating with clients to ensure that all of their needs are understood and addressed
- Building strong client relationships to maintain old business and acquire new customers
- Collaborating with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests
- Resolving complaints and keeping track of all processes that pertain to the client's desires
- Acting as the client's representative in a firm to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Collecting and analyzing data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs
The position is responsible to build a book of business through new business sales from lead generation thru close. The objective is attained by developing significant new business clients, building relationships with potential and network resources and collaborating with our SSG associates. The focus of this role is to target companies with one or two levels of decision-making authority thru a typical sales cycle of six months to one year. This is a high growth potential position with the individual expectation to increase industry knowledge and business acumen. Revenue generation and client satisfaction is achieved by working with support teams in line with SSG’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business and high-level contact relationships with target prospects.
- Identify targets and create target list of Top 100 prospects.
- Develop at least 2 leadership roles in the region and community.
- Identify all decision makers in the sales process and bring in Senior Producers/Management where appropriate.
- Utilize personal contact with both clients and prospects to ensure client satisfaction and company goals are met.
- Penetrate prospect targets to generate proposals and close sales.
- Discover needs by utilizing consultation selling approach.
- Collaborate with the Account Management team to facilitate the solution development.
- Prepare proposals and prospect presentations, including fee estimates.
- Utilize strong communication and closing skills to present solutions and secure new business.
- Understand your value proposition and how to manage a prospect budget to close profitable sales.
- Plan regular seminars and education opportunities for clients and prospects, including, coordination with marketing, and ensuring maximum attendance.
- Identity market trends to provide input into SSG’s overall marketing strategy.
- Help identify new product and service opportunities in SSG’s market.
- Attend appropriate conferences and networking events and report key learnings.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitor’s products and pricing.
- Utilize strong time management and organizational skills.
- Prioritize and follow through on issues.
- Successfully forecast sales and pipeline.
- Create, implement and achieve territory and account plans.
- Maintain and update database tool daily.
- Present progress weekly, monthly, quarterly and update annually.
- Set and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Attend networking events and annual conferences representing SSG.
- Manage client book of business
- Remain as key strategist lead to client and maintain SSG relationship
- Manage relationship at highest level with client leadership
- Retain clients thru ongoing relationship management
- Lead and work with assigned SSG Team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 1–2 years in Business Development/Sales role within a business-to-business environment, and 2-3 years of industry experience a plus.
- Prefer 4 year degree or equivalent experience. specific area of focus – e.g. Business, Marketing, Insurance, Sales, Psychology etc.
- Active Life and Health License or obtain within 90 days of employment.