Interested in joining our team?
We welcome the opportunity to hear your story, and learn more about your career journey.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing an assigned book of business with a diverse clientele across various industries. Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, self-insured or captive. Work within a team and be responsible for customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and retention of clients as well as supporting agents in sales and service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- On-boarding new clients
- Respond to inquiries from clients and carriers.
- Complete RFP and request census.
- Initiate vendor renewal request with Service Representative. Coordinates process with agent to negotiate all renewal rate relief.
- Prepare Open Enrollment benefit guides, checklists, forms, summaries, presentations, Brainshark's and webinars.
- Communicate group enrollment process with Service Representatives to include: benefit guides, checklists, forms, summaries, or others as needed..
- Conduct OE meetings, health fairs, webinars
- Participate in the pre-renewal, renewal, and post renewal meetings.
- Educate clients on compliance.
- Be consultative and interchangeable with the agent
- Travel to client sites
- Other duties as assigned.
- Update agents on client activity, issues, and opportunities to develop further business.
- Build relationships with client contacts and provide recommendations for plan changes, claims issues, and renewal options.
- Learn new software programs as needed.
- Attend all scheduled team and staff meetings.
- Attend educational and product seminars.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Overnight Travel as needed for client meetings, conferences, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service Orientation – Makes extra effort to meet customer needs. Discover and meet customer’s underlying needs. Follow up on customer inquiries and complaints. Become trusted advisor to customers.
Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
Communication – Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; Able to read and interpret written information; Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen and obtain clarification; Respond clearly to questions; Share information and ideas with others; Participate in meetings.
Quality - Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Consistently look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to Management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan; Works independently, be accountable, accept change, set high personal standards, remain focused under pressure, meet attendance/punctuality requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree and 3-5 years related experience.
- Insurance industry or TPA experience preferred.
- Active Life and Health license or obtain within 90 days of employment
Time Management Skills
Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple assignments
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office Suite
- Brokerage Builder / ZyWave software experience.